Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Birth of BREANDAN TELLSON ALONZO ROSCOE










After being told that I needed to be induced by Dr. Goulding, she set up the induction for February 28th.

We showed up to the hospital at 7:30 AM. I was anxious and nervous at the same time. No one would give me an explanation about why "Cashew" needed to be born now.

While we were waiting for Dr. Reedy to come and start the induction, Debra, the nurse, started monitoring "Cashew" and I. They needed a baseline on "Cashew" and any contractions. I was allowed to order breakfast while we waited.

Once Dr. Reedy arrived and we got to talk. He gave me two choices. Plan A was to wait until Thursday(March 1st) to have a consult with Dr. Kazzi explaining why he wanted me to be induced. Plan B was to start pitocin, get contractions more regular and then, break my water and deliver "Cashew."We decide on Plan B.

After 3 hours of labor and no epideral, Breandan Tellson Alonzo Roscoe was
born at 2:28 PM. He weighed 9 lbs. 13oz and was 21 inches long. The only problem was that Breandan was Hypoglycemic, so his blood had to be drawn for 2 days. Besides being breast feed, he had to also have formula.

(Pictures taken 2-28-2007)

No comments: